Hi Severin,

Thanks for doing this.  I review the webrev.

You add a new DefaultStripDebugPlugin that will do the work.
I have been assuming that this can be implemented as a jlink option
that get translated into --strip-java-debug-symbols during
the command line argument processing.

I'm okay with --strip-java-debug-symbols.  The help message from
javac -g option:
  -g                           Generate all debugging info

The other choice is --strip-java-debug-info and --strip-native-debug-info. We can settle the naming in the other thread to get others
opinion.

Mandy