On 06/05/2020 14:42, Jim Laskey wrote:
:

Aside: The order in the file is still somewhat scattered, based on archive and archive content.  We have the a pattern based sorting plugin which we don't use and we never did any locality vs performance testing.

Not in the test but the JDK does use the order-resources plugin with the following pattern:

JLINK_ORDER_RESOURCES += \
    /java.base/java/** \
    /java.base/jdk/** \
    /java.base/sun/** \
    /java.base/com/** \
    /jdk.localedata/** \
    #

Anyway, I looked at webrev-01 and the jlink changes look good. The updated test doesn't use the jimage API so no need to open jdk.internal.jimage. The imports can be removed too, also RUNTIME is no longer used in this version. Have you decided on a test name? The rallying call is "reproducible builds" and I'd prefer to have "Reproducible" in the test name so its consistent with the existing test that checks for reproducible with user modules.

-Alan.