On 3/17/21 10:05 PM, mark.reinh...@oracle.com wrote:
> https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/403

>   for critical internal APIs such as sun.misc.Unsafe.  It will no longer
>   be possible to relax the strong encapsulation of internal elements
>   via a single command-line option, as was possible in JDK 9 through
>   JDK 16.

Looking at the JEP, I don't immediately see anything about long-term
use of illegal accesses in test code. There are a good many cases where
we need to test private and protected classes and fields, for example.
Is there a proposal to allow this?

--
Andrew Haley  (he/him)
Java Platform Lead Engineer