On 17/05/2021 16:43, Christian Beikov wrote:
Hi,

I have a use case where I generate some code and that code refers to classes of some module B.

When the module A (an open module), into which I define that class, has no read-edges to the module B, this fails saying that A does not read B.

That's fine and totally understandable, so I tried to add the following code:

moduleA.addReads("moduleB.pkg", moduleB)

but this is not allowed as `addReads` only works if `this == callerModule`.

Have you tried generating this in the <clinit> of the class that you inject? That should be a lot simpler than inject another class or complicating the existing API.

-Alan

My workaround is to define a class into module A that can then call this method.

Is there a reason to this limitation? I mean the module is open anyway, so anyone can just define a class into it, so why not also allow calling addReads?