Hi,

the Proxy opens directly a socket to the requested URL (in the example
http://www.google.com) so the timeout occurs. There's nothing in the
code respecting the http.proxyHost/Proxy properties.
In the moment, i work on a rewrite of the Proxy module to implement
https support on recording browser activity (status: working, but not
perfectly integrated).
If there's any interrest to include my changes in the JMeter-Code, i can
also try extending the Proxy server using the http.proxyHost/Proxy
Properties.

Marc