Hi all,
    I've just returned from vacation.  Lots of activity - good to see!  Anway, I have
no idea why
your committ messages aren't getting sent.  I never did anything to make it happen for
me.
I'm hoping they're having a general problem that will be fixed soon.

I only ever moved bugs to the resolved status because that seemed sufficient to me.
Being
mostly a single developer, I didn't have much use for bug states other than open and
closed.
Resolved meant closed as far as I was concerned.  With 7 of us now, we should probably
agree on some simple procedure for dealing with bugs in general, perhaps write it up
and put
it on the website.  I would suggest someone just write something and committ it, and
then we
can talk about it and modify as we like, and vote on a finalized version.

Furthermore, the unit tests should absolutely be run by everyone prior to making a
commit.
The proper procedure would be:

After making your code edits:
update from CVS
run unit tests (ie 'build test')
commit to CVS

Pretty simple, but it's important you are running the tests against your edits merged
with any
potential changes someone else has made to CVS.

Also, regarding jorphan - it's fine to eliminate the jar, though you wouldn't have a
problem if
you didn't check your files out as read-only.  Read-only checkouts are unnecessary
(especially if you follow the above procedure), and I would frown on locking files.
My idea
behind jorphan is that it is code that I use in almost every Java project I write.  I
therefore
wanted a single public place for these files to live and be available from.  Thus, I
was going to
make jorphan a separate release alongside JMeter (ie a sub-project).  Whether other
people
would download it and use it is immaterial to me - I was just sick of copying and
pasting the
code from one project to another.  I'm aware JMeter isn't the ideal place for it to
live, but I
have no other place for it currently.

-Mike

On 27 Dec 2002 at 17:01, Jordi Salvat i Alabart wrote:

> Have you noticed how many bugs we have in CLOSED state? 1
> In VERIFIED state? 0
> In RESOLVED state? 211
>
> Unless someone says I shouldn't, I will close all bugs which were
> RESOLVED before the JMeter 1.8 release date.
>
> Of course it's a pretty poor QA policy, but unless someone has time to
> scan through each of them and VERIFY them if they are actually solved in
> 1.8, it's probably the best way.
>
> Salut,
>
> Jordi.
>

> --