Hello,
As I've mentioned a couple times, I've been doing some work on the JDBC Connection Pool implementation. I have a new implementation based on Jakarta-Commons-Pool which seems to work fine, but it doesn't support the same configuration options as the original pool implementation, so it will take a bit more effort to get it integrated.

In the mean time, I've also done some work to refactor the current connection pooling code to seperate it from the connection manager. Among other things, this makes it possible to plug in different pooling implementations. The refactoring isn't quite done yet -- the choice of pooling implementations and tuning parameters is still hard-coded. But its an improvement. I haven't decided yet if I want to expose this to users (letting them decide which connection pool implementation to use), but having the flexibility in the code should promote a cleaner design and make it easier to test new implementations.

I've reimplemented the original connection pooling implementation in this refactored design. It has essentially the same features and flaws as the original. It does fix a couple of issues: 1) it was previously impossible (I think) to have two JDBCSamplers with the same URL but different username/password (or other settings). This is now allowed. 2) I've fixed a couple of code problems which might have caused funny run-time behavior -- I'm not sure about that, since I never saw the funny behavior. But the old DBKey had some problems with hashCode/equals that have been fixed now...the old code could have resulted in some unpredictable behavior.

I've done a bit of testing with the new code, and it appears to be working properly and with similar performance to JMeter 1.9.1. But I don't have the hardware/software/time resources at the moment to do a full test to verify performance, behavior with complex test plans with multiple JDBC Samplers, etc. Since we're in development-mode (on HEAD) I've gone ahead and committed the changes. Please let me know if you encounter any problems with it. I haven't committed the Commons-Pool implementation yet...perhaps next week.

Jeremy
http://xirr.com/~jeremy_a