I ran some benchmarks today with a new version of httpsamplerfull using HtmlParser.
the results are interesting. Perhaps the biggest and most interesting discovery for me
is the dramatic difference in performance between with and without -Xincgc.

http://tao.altern8.net:8080/comparison_summary.pdf

the results are in pdf format.

when I run JMeter with incremental GC, HtmlParser version beats Tidy easily, but
without incremental GC, the performance gain is marginal as the number of threads
increase.

it would appear incremental GC hinders DOM and Tidy performance and results in a
steady increase in heap size. Without incremental GC, the response time with
HtmlParser is generally faster than with Tidy by 5-10%. Under which circumstances is
using -Xincgc better for JMeter?

the jdk I am using is 1.4.1 on windows.

peter