Well, as soon as a patch comes in from a non-committer contributor, it's worth a point release, even if that's the only change: at least it will fix HIS problem, and as an important side-effect, reward his effort in creating and sending the patch.

Actually, another problem we have is that we tend to be too focused on our own development ideas and ignore those non-committer patches for just too long... we should make an effort and consider these with high(-ish) priority.

Just an opinion.

--
Salut,

Jordi.