On 01/10/2008, Tschannen Michael (tsmi) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sebastian
>
>  Thanks for your reply, delay doesn't matter!
>
>  For definitive clearance, I have two additional questions:
>  > > InstallTrustStore and UseLocalTrustStore involves setting System
>  > > properties - that is not a good idea for JMeter samplers, as the
>  > > properties will affect all threads.
>  > >
>  > > Likewise, the setTrustAllCerts() method updates the JVM Security
>  > > settings, which will affect other samplers.
>  Is there some JMeter-code that already does that without changing system
>  properties (e.g. HTTPS handler)? I thought JMeter's SSL manager also
>  changes java system properties - am I wrong?

Yes, it does, but they apply to every thread, regardless of the
sampler settings.

It's not possible to use System properties to implement per-sampler
options, as properties are global.

But given that the HTTPS samplers accept all server certificates
regardless, we should probably do the same for the SMTP (and
POP3S/IMAPS) samplers. That is, the setting is not optional for HTTPS,
so should not be optional for the mail samplers either.

>  > > At least one of the files appears to have Sun Copyright; AFAIK, that
>  > > cannot be used.
>  Correct, InstallCert has sun copyright. I neither don't know if this can
>  be used within JMeter (perhaps anyone else does?) - anyway this class is
>  used for StartTLS (for which "Trust all certificates" doesn't work),
>  perhaps it has to be re-written.

Oh, I see.

Would StartTLS still be useful without InstallCert?

>  > > The copyright headers for other files created by the submitters need
>  > > to be addressed as follows:
>  > >
>  > > http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers
>  NP, can be done!
>
>  Summing up, we have the following TODO's before an integration:
>  - paste copyright headers

Not exactly - the copyright lines in headers need to be removed.

>  - re-write SUN's install certificate class (if it must not be used
>  within JMeter)

That probably has to be done by someone who has not seen the code.
Maybe there is an Apache Harmony equivalent.