I originally posted this question to the jmeter-user mailing list but didn't
receive a response.  That email can be found at http://tinyurl.com/c7585x.

I accidentally stumbled upon what appears to be a bug wherein entering a loop
count of zero for a ThreadGroup causes an infinite loop (without actually
running any of that ThreadGroup).  The behavior I would expect, and that the
documentation seems to imply, is for the ThreadGroup to not be run at all.  I
searched bugzilla but couldn't find anything on this.  I've also looked at the
trunk of the jmeter source and have come up with a simple, three-line patch.

I am new to this process and was wondering what you would like me to do next.

Respectfully,
Gregg