On 27/04/2009, roger.steen...@lhsystems.com
<roger.steen...@lhsystems.com> wrote:
> Many Thanks for your answer.
>

> I will describe our problem in another way:
>
>  Our jmeter script has a general timeout of 10 minutes and we call the jmeter
> script by nagios. The jmeter script makes some HTTP request and some SQL
> requests. When everything runs fine nagios will show the results.
>  When a HTTP request hangs because there is no answers from the server our
> jmeter script timed out and there will be no information of each check for
> nagios. Only the information, that the script timed out. But we need the
> information for the checks.
>

> So we would like to implement a timeout to each request inside the jmeter
> script. For example: the normal duration for an http request would be between
> 3 and 10 sec, so we will set the timeout to 30 sec. If a timeout occurs the
> jmeter script should write an error/timeout message into the jtl-file (jmeter
> ... -l test.jtl) that will be read by nagios.
>

>  Is this possible or must this be implemented into jmeter by our self.
>  We will try to implement it and give it to the community to have it in every
> new version.

I have just added some code to JMeter that allows samplers (including
HTTP) to be interrupted when using the menu Stop command. This allows
an entire test plan to be stopped abruptly, e.g. by adding a parallel
thread-group with a Test Action sampler.

If you want to try this, it is in the current nightly code.

It would certainly be useful to add individual timeouts to samplers.
This should be fairly easy for some samplers, but others may be harder
to implement.

If you do have some suggested fixes, please provide them as Bugzilla
patches, thanks!