> I believe JMeter holds on to all the samples in memory, while
>the File listener lets go of them as soon as they are written
>to disk.

Isn't that only true if you have "Automatically Flush After Each Data Sample" checked
though?
  Berin Loritsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Are you running any graphical listeners?

The best way to bump up performance is to use the File Listener,
and evaluate the results later. Otherwise the overhead of the
graphs are going to cause you problems.