Hi David,

Sorry for the confusion, my documentation is the cause of your problems.

The "HTTP User Parameter modifier" will only change parameters values in a
"HTTP Request" if the EXACT same parameter name exists in both the "HTTP
Request" and the users.xml file.

Using your example as a demonstration. That is, where the proxy server
parses the following key value pair from a form.

Parameter Name is first_name
Parameter Value is Bob

and a section of the users.xml looks like the following
<thread>
    <parameter>
        <paramname>first_name</paramname>
        <paramvalue>VONG</paramvalue>
    </parameter>
        .
        .
        .

If the Modification Controller looks like the following:
Modification Controller
    HTTP User Parameter Modifier
    HTTP Request

Now when Jmeter runs, the "HTTP Request" that contained
Parameter Name is first_name
Parameter Value is Bob

will be changed to

Parameter Name is first_name
Parameter Value is VONG

The example I sent you should NOT have contained the "HTTP HTML Link
Parser". It crept in there as the load testing I was doing at the time,
called for a unique one-time-token issued by the server,  to be returned
with each form post back to the server. I was using the "HTTP HTML Parser"
to populate the form with the unique one-time-token, and the "HTTP User
Parameter Modifier" to change userid's in the form.

Regards,
Mark Walsh