I have a form where I populate a parameter with the result that is computed
using a regexFunction that used RAND as its matching parameter and store the
result in a variable for later use.  "later use" turns out to be another
parameter that I want to send in the same request and it seems that this
does not work.

Let me first emphasise that this is not a big problem for me right now - I
happen to know that only the first of the two parameters is used by the
application so I can post any old thing for the second one.  That said,
should this work?

  HTTP Request
    param1  ${__regexFunction(some(value),$1$,RAND,,,var1)}
    param2   ${var1}

The current behaviour is that param2 is receives the literal string
"${var1}" when I was kind of expecting it to get the same value as was
passed for param1.

Is this a bug?

Cheers,

Scott