One idea: Maybe it can be found on Sun's Java bug database.  Maybe the just messed
something up in 1.4.1.  They might have a workaround suggested.

It's worth a try.

Jonathan

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12/11/02 08:16PM >>>
I want to use some user defined variables, but when I attempt to add these
to the Test Plan element, the GUI won't let me enter values or edit the
names after a variable has been created (it is as if the cell editing has
been disabled).

Workaround: It is actually possible to a cell for an already created
variable by adding a further variable - clicking an existing cell
immediately after the Add will allow it to be edited (you can then delete
the blank variable that was added).

I have had a look at the JMeter source, but I can't spot the problem
(PowerTableModel.isCellEditable() always returns true).  I also don't see
any entries in bugzilla that describe this problem.

I am using cvs head and j2sdk 1.4.1_01.  The behaviour is the same in JMeter
1.8.

If someone can steer me in the right direction I will attempt a fix,
otherwise I will create a bugzilla entry.

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade