It's somewhat complicated, because the exact behavior of how long connections
are kept open is an implementation detail of Sun's HTTPClient.  You have some
control via the "keep-alive" checkbox.  If keep-alive is not checked, http
connections will be closed after each sample.  Otherwise, they are closed as
needed in sun's client - not unlike the way unused objects are garbage collected by
the JVM.

-Mike

On 9 Mar 2003 at 13:20, bjh02 wrote:

> I have a question regarding threads and jmeter
>
> If I have a thread group with only one thread and use the select loop forever
> option, do the threads ever get stopped/terminated - or do all connections made to a
> web server remain open?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ben
>
> On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 18:47:23 -0500, "Mike Stover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > You'll have to write some sampler code that talks to your app server (probably can
> > mostly be taken from your existing app), and make yourself a plug-in to JMeter.
> > It's not hard, but it will require an investment of your time learning some basics
> > of
> > JMeter's architecture, and a willingness to write the code.
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > On 7 Mar 2003 at 17:38, Dennison, Karl wrote:
> >
> > > I have a SWING-based app (connecting to the app server through RMI) which
> > > I'd like to response test. I could not find any examples in the
> > > documentation. I know that there is this Java Request element that can be
> > > used to execute an object but I'm not quite sure how.
> > >
> > > Any help will be highly appreciated.
> > >
> > > -- Karl

> > --
> > Michael Stover