As far as you can use TN3270 from Java, I can't see anything against that.

En/na Sonam Chauhan ha escrit:
I just thought I'd ask about an idea. Our ERP runs on a mainframe and I
mentioned to a colleague that a JMeter 'TN3270 sampler' (TN 3270 is
IBM's terminal access protocol) could simulate a user's keystrokes to
create a session and check assertions on the result screens.

At this point, it's only speculation, but is there anything that make
this unsuitable for implementing in JMeter?

With regards,
Sonam Chauhan