From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 January 2004 14:18
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Bad GUI performance

The JMeter GUI has nothing to do with a 1 minute reponse from and HTTP
Request unless your running it on a commodore 64. HTTP Requests
are usually
VERY small strings sent across a wire. Not much to it. I think
you need to
read more about how the whole web protocol works. The
bottleneck is on the
server. I use the aggregate results listener with an infinite
loop on the
thread to determine where the bottlenecks are on the server.
Then I turn on
a Java profiling tool on the server (Optimizeit, JProfiler,
etc.) and focus
primarily on the HTTP Request that take the most time.
Mike