I think you want [EMAIL PROTECTED] - see: http://james.apache.org/

Scott

John Glorioso wrote:

I have had some limited experience with sendmail and am completely new at James and have a couple questions that I cannot find answers to on the jakarta site, newsgroups, or anywhere, so any information is greatly appreciated! First, I apologize for any ignorance. I have exhausted all resources and read all documentation many times over.

My scenario is a redhat9 linux box which was previously running sendmail to handle all local account mail. Now, I have installed James and as a result turned off the sendmail daemon to free up port 25. So far so good. Now, my questions lie in the relationship between those machine accounts and James.

Sendmail (version 8.12.8) seems to want to relay to James no matter what (even before I started messing with the smart relay host stuff as the sendmail/james docs said). James listens on port 25, so therefore anything sent using "mail -v local-account" automatically goes to James. I assume this is all normal.

Now, my questions are:

1. Do I have to create a user account in James for every local account on the machine? Including postmaster?
2. Is there any way to get James to deliver to the sendmail spool or does it always go to its own local repository?

Btw, I am using a database as the repository so changing the inbox url to /var/mail/ is not an option for me.

Thanks in advance!