From: Casadonte, Joe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 May 2004 21:32
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Regular Expression Extractor for Sampler Result (NOT Response
Dat a)

Is it possible to use the regex extractor post processor on the HTTP Headers
sent back?  We have this client sub-session thing that is given in a
redirect.  My call to http://qaserver/servlets/foo.bar.MyServlet will give
the following Sampler Result

Load time: 0
HTTP response code: 302
HTTP response message: null

HTTP response headers:
HTTP/1.1 302
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:43:21 GMT
Server: Apache
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=2FB5602B8EB0AF26123E8486A39A7360; Path=/
Expires: -1
Location: http://qaserver/servlets/1085597001898/foo.bar.MyServlet

I need to capture '1085597001898' and use it in the URL of subsequent
samplers.  A second call to http://qaserver/servlets/foo.bar.MyServlet will
result in a different sub-session ID, so I don't think I can use URL
re-writing.  Or if I can I don't understand how to do it.

I tried setting RegexExtractor.useHeaders=true in jmeter.properties, but
that didn't seem to help, and I couldn't use that in a general context
anyway, as it would apply to ALL regex extractors (there really needs to be
a way to say for an individual regex extractor, whether or not to look at
the headers).

--
Regards,

joe