thanku Frank!

yeah this worked:

${__regexFunction((.*)No options available(.*), etc ...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi nicole,

maybe try using ".*No options acailable.*" instead.

Best Regards
     Frank

|         |           nlunebur         |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           t.com>           |
|         |           11.08.2004 08:33 |
|         |           Bitte antworten  |
|         |           an "JMeter Users |
|         |           List"            |

 |       An:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            |
 |       Kopie:
                                         |
 |       Thema:    urgent: regex function does not seem to behave as it shud!??

hi all!

i have the following regex function in a 'http request':

NAME            VALUE
somename        ${__regexFunction("*No options
available*",somevalue1,ALL,,somevalue2,)}

therefore if the text 'No options available' is anywhere in the response
of the previous request,
it should send a request like:
http://blahblah/?somename=somevalue1

otherwise send a request like:         http://blahblah/?somename=somevalue2

my regex function works if i test for another text in the response such as "*My Home*", but for some reason when i have "*No options available*" it does not work. i have tried "*No*", which works, but doesnt work if i try "*options*" or "*available*".

i have checked that this is the exact text in the response, and that the
case matches, however it keeps sending 'somevalue2' all the time!!!

can anyone help me out on this?

thanku!
nicole