It has been used by a very large organisation that looks after the UK's health.
That's a 4 million user organisation! Not that they use it directly, but the
people writing their software do.

JMeter works, does what it says on the tin but it isn't load runner. It
produces similiar results but obviously doesn't come with the feature richness
that load runner does.

I use it for running decent loading tests, but the final results for User
Acceptance and Non functional sign off are always done with Load runner. Why?
Because it produces lovely looking reports and the brand name adds to the
validility of the results (You can produce garbage results just as easily with
load runner as JMeter).

That's my 2 cents.