On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:22:19 +0100, Coret Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The specification of my performancetest states that a particul page has to
> have a specific maximum responsetime when 50 pages per minute are requested.
> So I made the following Test Plan to test this in a testrun of 1 hour:
>
> Testplan
> + Thread Group (Number of Threads:50, Loop Count: Forever, 1 Hour run via
> Scheduler)
>   + HTTP Request (with Follow Redirects, I know this request gets an 403
> which is followed, so in fact two requests are done)
>     +  Constant Throughput Timer (Target throughput in samples per minute: 50)
>   + Aggregate Report
>
> I had expected to see the count for the HTTP Request to be around 3000
> (testrun of 60 minutes, 50 samples per minute), but in fact it was around
> 7500. Is this due to the fact that the HTTP Request in fact gets 2 pages
> (Follow Redirects). Or is the mix of number of threads and throughput
> incorrect?

We use the Throughput timer all the time, and it works fine for us.

There's not really enough information to tell what is happening ...

Does the initial page actually do a redirect?
If so, it will be counted as a sample.
You can eliminate this from the Test by selecting "Redirect
automatically", or by coding the test to load only the redirected
page.

How long did the test actually last?

S.