From: Kyle McAbee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 3:10 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Can variables be declared in BeanShell function?

Dear JMeter Users:

Does anyone know whether BeanShell (current bsh-2.0b2.jar file) hosted by
JMeter 2.0.2 will allow a script to declare variables? The following BeanShell
function fails.

${__BeanShell(String str1; String str2; str1 = "abc"; str2 = "def"; str1 = str1
+ str2; return str1.toString(); ) }

The same code put in a function in NetBeans 3.6 succeeds:

    private static String showConcatenation () {

        String str1;
        String str2;

        str1 = "abc";
        str2 = "def";
        str1 = str1 + str2;

        return str1.toString();
    }

         System.out.println(KillMeNow.showConcatenation());
}

Sincerely yours,

Kyle