Nice one.  I really should have looked in the log file - shame on me!

Removing the space before the column index in the function call worked.

So change:

JMUSER: ${__CSVRead(Q:/jmeter/portal/users.txt, 0)}

JMUSER: ${__CSVRead(Q:/jmeter/portal/users.txt,0)}

Thanks,
Daniel.

sebb wrote:

Any messages in the jmeter.log file?

Might also be worth trying 2.0.3, as has various fixes and better
error reporting.

S.