In JMeter, each thread is as independent of other threads as possible -
this is necessary since it is supposedly simulating different users.  I
think this falls under the idea of a synchronizing timer, which would
allow one to specify a sampler at which all threads sync up before
proceeding.  Someone else wanted this too and I was going to do it.  But
then I got sidetracked....

I'll try again to get to it.

-Mike