Hello,

I recall a similar issue (relating to thread synchronisation) that was
discussed recently but I can't for the life of me find the e-mails, so
please forgive me if this is rehashing something that's already been
addressed.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish in JMeter: I want to have two
thread groups. One thread group would contain a given testplan and the
second would contain another simple testplan that simply loops through a
couple requests for as long as the first thread group is running.

My first thought was to declare a user variable that I would use as the
condition for a Loop Controller in the second thread group. When the first
thread group finishes, it would set the value of this variable to false
and the loop in the second thread group would exit. This does not appear
to work.

So I guess my question is: is there a way to declare a variable that is
global to the whole testplan? and moreover, is there a better way to have
my two thread groups interact in a way that would accomplish what I am
trying to do?

Thanks in advance for any insight you might have,
Vincent