I was wondering what type of PCs people were using to load test their sites with. I have tried several different configurations, each ending up with different results. We try and test our site with ~250 - 300 threads (5-10 different test plans) that browse about 7-15 pages each.

- The last time I tested performed a load test with a single machine (3+ Ghz, 2 Gig RAM, Suse 9) w/ an aggregate report running live. The response time were realistic (we were manually browsing at the same time as well as looking at server usage).

- Before that we performed the same test using 5 different machines (50 threads each) as servers and 1 as the client. Each machine was a 2 Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Windows XP Pro machine. I calculated the results with a aggregate listener live again, but recieved much [much] higher response times.

I realize that this could be due to several things (networking issues between each computer, running the aggregate report live, etc). I just wanted to hear from any of you guys, on your optimal testing environment.

Keith