Thnx a lot mike. After changing the below settings it worked

>Point your browser at localhost:3128, point JMeter at
>111.111.111.111:3128, and start JMeter's proxy on port 3128.

I gave 111.111.111.111:3128 for browser also that was my mistake.

Thanks & Regards
Ravi shankar S

                      Michael Stover

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
                      org>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Could not record
scripts
                      06/28/2005 07:40

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "JMeter Users

                      List"

> > don't know  how you configured your browser,
>
> say  for example (The IP and port are not changeable)
> Address: 111.111.111.111
> Port: 3128
> when I access google (manually) I have to provide my network username and
> password in the firewall prompt so that I could access it.

Does this mean you're not pointing your browser at JMeter's proxy?
JMeter will have a hard time recording traffic that is completely
bypassing it.  Point your browser at localhost:3128, point JMeter at
111.111.111.111:3128, and start JMeter's proxy on port 3128.

Also, there's no reason to make JMeter's proxy use the same port as the
other proxy server - they are independent things.  But whatever you do,
the browser settings and JMeter's settings for the recording proxy have
to match.

-Mike

> [...]
> port field.
> Step 3: Click Start button
> Step 4: Open google site and search for some text say "JAVA"
>
> > Iam working with the version 2.0.3
> > When I tried to record local application, it works fine with
> Address: localhost
> Port: 9090
>
> Kindly let me know the other required informations
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Ravi shankar S
>

>                       Michael Stover

>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org

>                       org>                     cc:

>                                                Subject:  Re: Could not
record scripts
>                       06/27/2005 08:18

>                       PM

>                       Please respond to

>                       "JMeter Users

>                       List"

> Hard to say what the problem is from here.  I don't know your setup,
> don't know  how you configured your browser, don't know if maybe you're
> trying to record https.  Don't know if you've configured the other parts
> of the proxy recorder correctly.  You'd have to provide a lot more
> details.
>
> -Mike
>
> On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 19:56 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:
> >

> > By mistake I removed the port from port field of the GUI but even after
> > providing it I could not record the samples.
> >
> > Pls find the jmeter.log below
> >
> > 2005/06/27 20:02:51 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy: OK
> > 2005/06/27 20:02:51 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Creating
> > Daemon Socket... on port 3128
> > 2005/06/27 20:02:52 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy up
> and
> > running!
> >
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Ravi shankar S
> >

> >                       Michael Stover
>
> >                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
> jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
>
> >                       org>                     cc:
>
> >                                                Subject:  Re: Could not
> record scripts
> >                       06/27/2005 07:39
>
> >                       PM
>
> >                       Please respond to
>
> >                       "JMeter Users
>
> >                       List"
>

> > Creating proxy on port 0?  That doesn't sound likely to work.
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 19:29 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > wrote:
> > >

> > > Thanx for your quick reply. I am trying to connect to google and check
> > > whether the samplers are recorded. I started it with required info
> jmeter
> > -H
> > > 111.111.111.111 -P 3128 -u xxx -a yyy information in the command line
> but
> > > could not get the samples recorded.
> > >
> > > Pls find the jmeter.log details given below
> > >
> > > 2005/06/27 19:30:31 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy:
OK
> > > 2005/06/27 19:30:31 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon:
Creating
> > > Daemon Socket... on port 0
> > > 2005/06/27 19:30:31 INFO  - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Daemon: Proxy
up
> > and
> > > running!
> > >
> > > Thanks & Regards
> > > Ravi shankar S
> > >

> > >                       Michael Stover
> >
> > >                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
> > jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
> >
> > >                       org>                     cc:
> >
> > >                                                Subject:  Re: Could not
> > record scripts
> > >                       06/27/2005 07:14
> >
> > >                       PM
> >
> > >                       Please respond to
> >
> > >                       "JMeter Users
> >
> > >                       List"
> >

> > > Not sure I understand your environment fully, but it sounds like your
> > > connection to the app you are testing now has to go through a proxy.
> > > This proxy has nothing to do with JMeter's recording proxy though.  To
> > > tell JMeter to use a proxy server, you must start it with information
in
> > > the command line:
> > >
> > > jmeter -H proxy_host -P proxy_port
> > >
> > > See