I use it myself as well and I think I had the same problem when trying to adjust parameters in the properties file. Be sure you use the propertiesfile you are editing. We are using our own properties file situated under the project directory of our testproject. This way the properties file is still OK when changing to another version of JMeter or another PC for testing.

The string we use is the ISO date:

jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format=yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm:ss

The way we start JMeter is like (left out all switches and arguments not related to your problem):

call jmeter.bat  -p %JMProps%

Where JMProps is the full path of our own jmeter.properties file.

Used this with JMeter 2.0.1, 2.0.2 and 2.0.3 with no problems.

Regards,

Rinke Heida

Jan Linders wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to save result data in a CSV file with a timestamp
like : DD/mm/dd HH:mm:ss

I specified this in the jmeter.properties files
like : jmeter.save.saveservice.timestamp_format=DD/mm/dd HH:mm:ss

The same is specified in one of the examples

However,

whatever I do, I do not get the formated date/time stamp in the file.
the timestamp is there but it stays in milliseconds.

Who can help me out here.
I'm struggling with this for weeks already, tried several version of Jmeter.
Latest version i checked was 2.1.1

No luck.

Thx in advance.