I've noticed a similar behaviour in JMeter 2.0.3.  Haven't tried 2.1.1, I
figured it'd be fixed by now... guess not :)

What I've noticed:

If I start with a thread group with requests:

I copy all three requests, and paste after C.  Instead of:

I get:

(the first request in the original list is replaced with the last one).