Currently I am trying to use jmeter to do some regression testing. Because I
am doing this kind of regression testing quite often( several times a week,
sometime several times a day) and because I have already accumulated quite a
few test cases in jmeter.  what I am monitoring is the Success tick in View
Result in Table listener or the black colour of record in View Result Tree
listener. (Red colour means fail)

All my positive test cases regression test cases works fine by this kind of
monitoring, what I check in response assertion for these positive test cases
are
        1. response code equal 200
        2. use regular expression extractor to get some specific string in
the response messages and do some further check.
        3 ...

The other part of test cases are negative test cases, where I am expecting
the response code of 500 and also expecting some error messages in the
response message.
What I expected for these negative test cases are:
        1. response code equal 500
        2. use regular expression extractor to get some specific ERROR
string in the response messages and do some further check.
        3 ...

Jmeter will treat response code of 500 as failed as normal. Can I override
this? i.e. Is there some way to set some property so that Jmeter will ignore
the response code of 500 and give me a successful result?

I know this failure still allow me to add response assertion and I did get
error="false" in assertion result file, but what I need is the success tick
and black colour of test result, without going to see each of the assertion
result file.

Is that possible by some setting?

Thanks!

        Lin Ma