Hi,

After scouring the mailing list, wiki, docs and examples for a considerable
amount of time, it's seems to me that short of writing a component, JMeter
doesn't appear to have any way of dealing with ASP.NET Postback.

Here's an article discussing issues with testing ASP.NET Postback and how
another tool deals with it:
http://tinyurl.com/7jax3

VIEWSTATE isn't the only parameter that behaves this way.  EVENTTARGET and
others also do so.

I've tried to devise my own workaround but without success.  Ideally, I'd have
a pre-processor that would allow me to do a regex-based search and replace on
hidden form fields.  Lacking that, a BeanShell Pre-Processor component would
be handy.  Without a comprehensive example or two, I don't feel up to having
a go at a BeanShell Sampler within the deadline I have let alone a JMeter
component written in Java.

As it stands, JMeter isn't much use for testing ASP.NET applications despite
its considerable strengths.

--
Qmediastream http://qmediastream.com
design, commerce, hosting, streaming, multimedia