the current webservice sampler is very basic.  One of the major challenges
with test SOAP is the response is stuck inside some XML, so you'd have to
use Regexp to parse out the value and then use it in a subsequent request.

to do that, make sure memory cache is turned off.  In theory, a variable in
the request soap message "should" get replaced and then sent.

peter