I'm thinking you could use a regular expression extractor (post
processor) on the first db request, which allows you to capture all or
part of the response into a variable.  Then use that variable in the
next db request, and again use a regular expression extractor to grab
the results you want, which you can then feed into your HTTP request.

For more info, check the manual:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor

Hope this helps!

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:51:10 -0800 (PST), "Richa Pant"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> I am a new user to Jmeter.
>   I needed to run a SQL query against a database .The result of this
>   query is to be used in another query against different database.
>   The result returned from the second query ,I need to pass as a
>   parameter to a HTTP sampler request.
>   The flow at run time has to be like as under
>   Run Ist Query(against DB1) -> Make second query using result of Ist
>   query( run against DB2-> Run Http request with result of 2nd Query as
>   parameter.
>
>   I am able to connect and run queries against the two databases
>   separately and able to get proper response from hard coded HTTP
>   sampler.I was wondering how to combine it all to be able to get values
>   dynamically at runtime.
>
>   Is there any way of doing the same with Jmeter. I ll really appreciate
>   the response,
>
>   Thanks,
>   Richa

> Yahoo! Mail
> Bring photos to life! New PhotoMail  makes sharing a breeze.

                          love email again