Hi all,

I've posted a thread previously regarding javascript popup message validation.

This was about a page wherein a date field is included.
When an invalid date is encountered, a javascript pop up message appears.

I got a reply from sebb, where in i should add a response assertion to verify if an invalid date is in the
response of my page.

I did this exactly and added a response assertion containing the month "Jan" and "Feb". It successfully
filtered my invalid date.

Then I tried putting an empty assertion to the response page, and it filtered my invalid date again,
*what could be the explanation for this?
*how come it validated the response even though the response assertion is empty?

I also tried putting empty assertions on all my http requests, and again it filtered the response whenever an error message is encountered.
*how excatly does an response assertion works?

Thanks,
Tess