since viewstate is a microsoft centric feature, there hasn't been much
demand for it. I don't know viewstate well enough to provide an useful tip.
JMeter probably isn't the best tool if you have to use viewstate. To get
jmeter's URL rewriting to work with viewstate will probably require
enhancements.  feel free to enter a bugzilla enhancement request.  Unless
one of the other developers need the feature, it probably won't get built.

good luck.

peter