On 25/04/06, Tapaswini Das <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Dave/Sebb,
>
>  Thank you for your quick reply.
>
>  I have tried the same JMeter script with Regular Expression. The problem is
> Regular Expression is unable to read inner HTML code used to implement for
> AJAX technology in my application.
>
>  Please find below the full description of the problem faced with
> JMeter2.0.3:

This is rather old. Upgrade to 2.1.1.

> Solution Tried: Regular Expression
> Problem Faced:  JMeter is unable to read inner HTML which is used in AJAX
> implementation. [e.g. for reading auto-generated Folder Id on           the
> HTML] Page
> Outcome:            Regular Expression is unable to read inner HTML.

Why can't you extract the HTML?
What did you try?

> Solution Tried: Static Values for each virtual user using User Defined
> Variables.
> Problems Faced: 1. requires lot of efforts while working with more than 50
> Users.
>                    2. Dynamic features like Upload, Move can not have
> static             values.
> Outcome: It's hectic to use Static values for Load Testing

You can use the Counter test element for generating variable names.

> Solution Tried: Java Script [Used Defined Functions] for dynamic values.
> Problem Faced: JMeter is unable to read the Java Script as per mentioned by
> you and Sebb.

True - perhaps create a Buzilla enhancement request to add this - e.g.
use a property to create a javascript initialisation file, as is
already done for BeanShell.

> Can you guide me about what can I do for the above problems for using
> JMeter?
> Will it be useful if I use Pearl Script instead of Java Script?

There is no Perl Script in JMeter.

You can use BeanShell; this supports user-defined methods etc.

However, if you are trying to emulate what a browser does when it
encounters JavaScript on a page, it won't help.

You need to find a way to extract the variable information from the
page without having to run the scripts that require access to the page
objects.