Each Thread Group can run multiple threads or Users in parallel; no
need to use multiple thread groups unless the samples you want to
generate are too different to be paramterised.

On 06/07/06, Daniel L. Gregoire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> Mingyu,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. I do not know what CSV Data Set Config Module is,
> will have to look it up, I assume that is something that allows JMeter to
> read one line per login, take it and create a new thread with HTTP request.
>
> What I am doing, is generating my script  (JMeter JMX file) using awk,
> creating one
>
> "User1 Thread Group"
>
> for each login (stored in a CSV file), so I think I am achieving an
> equivalent.
>
> Your suggestion sounds like the right thing to do, do you think generating it
> would also work?
>
> I am unsure whether such generated parallel (on the same level) ThreadGroups
> actually start "at the same time" without waiting for the previous
> ThreadGroup to finish....
>
> Thanks Milan
>

> On 2006 July 6 15:13, mingyu wu wrote:
>
>> I think you need a CSV Data Set Config Module and prepare your login
>> accounts and passwords one per line in a text file.
>> then you just do one thread group with one login.
>>
>> Then use large number of threads to the the script say 500.
>> When Jmeter runs, each thread will read one line from the text file till
>> the last line and come back the first line if needed.
>>
>> Mingyu
>>
>> On 7/6/06, Milan Zimmermann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I need to test large number of *different users* loging in roughly at the
>>> same
>>> time. I think I know how to do it, but would like to confirm:
>>>
>>> First, if I create scripts which contains:
>>>
>>>         - One Thread Group
>>>                 - HTTP request Defaults
>>>                 - Login User1 HTTP Request
>>>                 - Login User2 HTTP Request
>>>                 - Login UserN HTTP Request
>>>
>>>         Such Script will not test concurrent logins, because the HTTP
>>> Requests are
>>> processed sequentially, is that correct so far?
>>>
>>> Second, Is the Script below going to test concurrent logins?
>>>
>>>         - User1 Thread Group
>>>                 - HTTP request Defaults
>>>                 - Login User1 HTTP Request
>>>         - User2 Thread Group
>>>                 - HTTP request Defaults
>>>                 - Login User2 HTTP Request
>>>         - UserN Thread Group
>>>                 - HTTP request Defaults
>>>                 - Login UserN HTTP Request
>>>
>>> In other words,
>>>
>>>         - Do Thread Groups on the same level start concurrently?
>>>         - Can I have, for example, 500 such Thread Groups?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any comments.
>>>
>>> I did some Googling and this site
>>> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-jmeter/ appears to
>>> suggest
>>> this approach should work, but I'd like to confirm as it's not completely
>>> clear.
>>>
>>> Thanks Milan

If you click on the Test Plan object, there is a check box to set
whether you run each Thread Group separately or not.

Daniel L. Gregoire