You still have not explained what "data" is going to be used for -
perhaps there is another way to provide the data other than creating a
variable.

BTW, you can save / retrieve objects in variables using

vars.putObject("name",object);
vars.getObject("name");

The normal get() and put() only work with string values.

S.