Hi Jian,

I'm not sure that I follow your question.  Inside a single thread in
jmeter, the http samplers are executed serially.  That is, the first
sampler finishes completely, before the second sampler request is made.
So the second sampler would not start until after the response from the
web server had been completely received, i.e., after the total response
time.  There woud be no interactions between these transactions at all
as they would never be concurrently executed.  If you want additional
time between the end of one transaction and the start of the next (to
simulate user "think time", then you can use jmeter timers to accomplish
this task.

When you use multiple threads, either within one thread group or by
using multiple thread groups, then requests will be made in parallel.
Jmeter tracks these requests separately, so the log would contain
latency and total response time for each request.   Although there is
probably some slight inaccuracy in jmeter's recording of these times
when a large number of transactions are occurring at the same time, I
think the errors are very small.  For reasonable transaction rates I
don't think you need to worry about contention/interactions on your PC
garbling up the results.

Of course your server will need to be able to handle the simultaneous
requests, and there may be resource contention on that end that may
cause a transaction to get slowed down as a result of other transactions
being handled in the same time window.  However, this is exactly what
you are typically trying to measure when using jmeter... how much
degradation in response time do I get when I start sending a lot of
requests at my web server.

There is a third area that can cause interactions between concurrent
transactions.  Your connection to your internet service provider, or
your server's connection to the internet will have bandwidth limitations
that define how much data can be sent and received over the connection
at the same time.  You should look at the throughput figures (KB/sec) in
the aggregate report to make sure that this figure is a lot lower than
your bandwidth to the ISP.  If not, then your results could get skewed a
lot by network contention.

I don't know if this answered your question or not.  If not restate your
question.

Alan