hi!

want i wanted, was the possibility to run a sampler (e.g. of threadgroup A)
after a certain sampler (of threadgroup B) finished.
this is important if for example thread A creates some data in our
webapplication and thread B uses this data.
i did NOT want to activate "Test Plan: select run each thread group
separately", as we have about 10 thread groups that are running parallely
(to make test cycle times shorter).

i now found a way to solve the problem with java  (1.5) Semamphores. by a
beanshell preprocessor (or sampler) i use the aquire-method to enter the
"critical region", and then release the semaphore with another beanshell
(post)processor or sampler. it works perfectly.
for managing the semaphores, i use a static HashMap that I implemented in
JMeterUtils.java.

cheers,
   chris

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]