On 17/03/07, Alf Høgemark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

sebb wrote:

> I think that has already have been done via a property -
> jmeter.httpsampler - but it could be turned into a GUI option.

Yes, that setting controls what class the HTTPSamplerFactory will
instantiate.
But by changing it to HTTPSampler2, and trying to use the HTTP Proxy,
you get an exception
from the HTTPSampler :
2007/03/17 18:15:58 ERROR - jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy:
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2.setupConnection(HTTPSampler2.java:333)
   at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2.sample(HTTPSampler2.java:569)
   at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:722)
   at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.Proxy.run(Proxy.java:124)

This is caused by the fact that the threadStartet() on the HTTPSampler
is not being called by the Proxy.
One also has to change the code so that the correct GUI class for the
HTTPSampler2 is sent from the Proxy.
So the Proxy as it is today, does not support the HTTPSampler2.

I've fixed those problems.