Sebb,
I've had the chance to do a quick test today and the new property
seems to work as expected!

When I set https.socket.protocols=SSLv3, all if working fine. If I set
SSLv2 or SSL or any combination, it fails. I assume this is an issue
with my application - I'll do some more tests end of the week and let
you know.

Thanks for your efforts!
Steffen