I have:

TCP Sampler
Regular Expression Extractor
+- the regex is: (-\d+). I am trying to match on negative numbers. The variable name is failed.
If Controller
+- if "${failed}" == "-1"
+-- Save Responses to a file (this doesn't work)

I am pretty sure the If Controller and regex work as I had a TCP Sampler after the If Controller which sent ${failed}, and a View Results Tree to see which TCP Samplers sent messages.

What I really want to do is have the response written to file if a -1 is found. My setup above doesn't seem to work. I cannot find any files. In contrast, if I don't do a check, I find lots of *.unknown files in my PWD.

Any ideas?

Marc