On 11/06/07, Luca Maragnani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thank you Sebb.

sebb wrote:
> Which version of JMeter are you using?
>
> Which SOAP sampler are you using?

Are you using SOAP/XML-RPC or WebService (SOAP) ?

I'm using version 2.2 from stable downloads (for both SOAP Sampler and
SlowHttpClientSocketFactory).
>> Last, to get it work I had to overwrite in a custom library
>> SlowHttpClientSocketFactory because the createSocket method returned
>> always a null value.
>
> Yes - I did not bother implementing the method, as it was not needed
> for HTTPSampler2, but it should really have have thrown a NotSupported
> exception...

I tried to find in trunk repository

The trunk is old; the current code is in branches/rel-2-2.

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.util.SlowHttpClientSocketFactory but
it's no longer there. Documentation tell nothing about
any exception in createSocket
(http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/api/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/util/SlowHttpClientSocketFactory.html),
so I think it lacks at least in version 2.2.

I meant that the method should have thrown an Exception instead of
returning null.

>> Is there a nicer way to get slow connection simulation working with the
>> SOAP Sampler
>
> Not sure what you mean by nicer - if the null method is fixed, does
> the SOAP sampler work OK?

I mean that the code I wrote in previuos post is the quickest dirty
solution. Accessing cps configuration for http exclude the https setting
and even trying to understand setting from port is not correct... so I
think other parameters are needed. Last but not least, this code does
not honour the HttpConnectionParameters.

OK, understood.

I confirm that if the null method is fixed, SOAP Sampler works with slow
socket.

But which SOAP Sampler ... (see above)

Luca