Hello  - I got hit by an old issue again this year, so wanted to ask about
JMeter/Java handling of extended ASCII characters.

I have some testcase that use extended ASCII characters 252 and 255 ('ý' and
'ü') as record separators in text data posted by the JMeter HTTP sampler. The
testcases were created on Windows XP - the data was simply copy/pasted into the
JMeter GUI.

When these tests ran on Linux, I found the LANG environment variable had to be
set as follows to make the tests work  (email below from last year)
LANG=en_AU
This year, I moved to AIX this year and the tests failed again - the cause was
'ý' and 'ü' characters in the data were now posted in as a "?". I found the
LANG variable on AIX was 'en_AU.utf8'. When set back to 'en_AU', the tests
began posting in the correct values.

My question is what is causing this behavior - does Java or JMeter use data in
JMX files differently depending on the LANG variable in UNIX?

Kind regards,
Sonam Chauhan
--
Corporate Express Australia Ltd.