Hi all,

I'm a simple user of Jmeter, not a Java developer.

Does anybody could help me to understand the following error message :

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

                at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(Unknown Source)

                at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)

                at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(Unknown Source)

                at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(Unknown Source)

                at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)

                at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(Unknown Source)

                at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(Unknown Source)

                at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)

                at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)

                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
457)

                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.downloadPageResource
s(HTTPSamplerBase.java:1047)

                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.resultProcessing(HTT
PSamplerBase.java:1257)

                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:
540)

                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBa
se.java:889)

                at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBa
se.java:875)

                at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:298)

                at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This message arrives 5 minutes after the beginning of a test with 100
virtual users.

JMeter 2.3 is launched on windows, with xms=xmx=1024 (I have 2 GB memory on
my PC).

I have tried to dispatch this load on 3 PC  (1 master and 2 slaves) and I
have the same behaviour on the master.

The stressed application is requested through internet (not on the same
LAN).

Thanks in advance for any explanation and/or advice on Jmeter settings.

--
Bruno