Apologies in advance if this is obvious. I crawled google and the archives and didn't see what I needed.

I have a JDBC sampler set up, and I want to make some assertions on the rows' data returned. I see that I can dump the JDBC response to a file, and then subsequently iterate over the file, but that is not getting me far enough.

1) I dont really want to use a file, I just want to iterate over the jdbc reponse in memory. They're small responses (a few rows). how? 2) One issue I am having is that some of the rows contain timestamps. It appears any response data I see is "toString()"ing the data, so timestamps just appear as their Java class/mem address (e.g. "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" )

Is there some way to provide a row object (and some mapping code, something like Spring's JdbcTemplate provides), and be able to iterate over a list of row objects? I need to do things like see if a timestamp is within +- 5 seconds of what it should be.

I haven't looked at BeanShell much yet. I'd prefer some simple Java code that validates/tests JDBC response data. (e.g. boolean verify(List<Row> response) )

Also, if there is an easy extension point for JDBC response processing (that takes a ResultSet as an argument), I'd be interested in writing up some code to help out in this area.

Thanks in advance.
-Abram